The Eighth SEEDI conference on 'Digitisation of cultural and scientific heritage' - Call for Papersmjesto održavanja:
Nacionalna i sveučilišna knjižnica u Zagrebu, Ul. Hrvatske bratske zajednice 4, Zagreb
15.04.2013. / 15.04.2013.
The Eighth SEEDI conference on 'Digitisation of cultural and scientific heritage' will be held in Zagreb on May 15-16, 2013.
The aim of the Conference is to present and exchange experiences in different fields and area of digitisation of cultural and scientific heritage.
Contributions related to all aspects of digitisation of cultural and scientific heritage are invited.
Papers that report on applications of information technologies in the field of digitisation are particularly welcome. All submissions will be peer-reviewed by the Program committee.
The contributions should cover the following topics:
- digitisation of cultural heritage at local, national, regional and European level
- metadata aggregation at national, regional and European level
- digitisation projects in different cultural institutions, case studies
- sustainability of digitisation projects (programs) in cultural institutions: digital library systems, financing, workflow, storage and long-term preservation
- issues of selection, metadata creation and identification of material to be digitised
- digital capture, processing and optical character recognition (OCR)
- legal aspects of digitisation and public access to copyrighted material
- digitisation of 3D objects
- data harvesting and collection of digitally born materials
- end-user studies, meeting the expectations of the (digital) library users
Presentations should last up to 20 minutes. An abstract (up to 500 words) of the proposed presentation with biographical information about the authors should be submitted by March 20th 2013 to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
The authors of the selected contributions will be notified by April 15th 2013.
First_call_SEEDI_2013-1.pdf (pdf, 86.07Kb)
Instructions_for_contributors.pdf (pdf, 178.2Kb)
Event: The Eighth SEEDI Conference