The implementation of systematic computerization was ensured in 2004 by the Ministry of Culture when it acquired the M++ software by Link2. MDC was given the role of coordination and expert advice in installing, maintaining and monitoring the treatment of museum holdings with the aim of improving the computer cataloguing of museum objects.
M++ is an integral information and documentation software solution for museums that has been continuously developed and upgraded since 1997.
The M++ program completely conforms to the Rules governing the content and method of keeping museum documentation about museum holdings (Official Gazette 108/02), and its main characteristics are the following:
- it supports the treatment of primary, secondary and tertiary documentation using sophisticated means of search, thus enabling a flexible access to the database and complete control over its content.
- it supports multi-user work on a computer network, along with a system for protecting access to data
- transfer of data into pdf and XML formats
- total flexibility for printing (forms, captions, catalogue units etc.)
- various possibilities for repeat use of digital content (text, image, sound, video…)